We’re looking for a talented security researcher who wants to conduct cutting edge research for containers and Kubernetes security, and help package that into a product that benefits our customers. The right candidates will be knowledgeable, passionate about container technology, energetic, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and work well in an agile team atmosphere. As part of a fast growing engineering organization, you’ll be working alongside seasoned architects and engineers who have passion for building highly scalable software products. Your input will shape our overall container / Kubernetes product strategy.
Uptycs is a cloud-native security analytics platform for endpoint, cloud and container workloads, built around osquery (an open-source project from Facebook). With Uptycs, modern defenders can prioritize, investigate and respond to threats across the entire attack surface—all from a common solution. Our platform covers use-cases spanning visibility, audit, compliance, security / XDR and vulnerability.
- Research container / Kubernetes-specific threats and threat actor activity; track public sources and independently generate insights
- Author external-facing materials based on your research and expertise (blogs, whitepapers, research papers)
- Collaborate with our product and engineering teams to create new security solutions for containers & Kubernetes
- Develop best-practices and OOTB security policies based on findings
- 3+ years of experience in endpoint / cloud / container related security research
- 1+ years of experience with containers / Kubernetes (hands-on deployment / research)
- Hands-on experience with network analysis tools like Wireshark, Fiddler, tcpdump etc.
- (Preferred) Experience with any major cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience researching application vulnerabilities and involved in security write-ups
- Aptitude to quickly come up to speed on new technology concepts
- Work with a team solving real-world security challenges
- Work in a stimulating environment where we’re constantly innovating
- Work from anywhere and any time
- Get paid for what you already love to do