Sales Engineer (Multiple Locations)
We are looking for a highly motivated, technically accomplished sales engineer that will bring their technical experience selling enterprise SaaS software to an innovative technology company with a compelling value proposition, incredible team, and great culture, preferably with knowledge of cyber-security technologies, frameworks and public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) security concepts.
Uptycs is hiring a sales engineer to accommodate its rapidly-growing customer-base and accelerating revenue. This position offers significant commission-earning potential, fast-paced career development, and numerous opportunities for personal achievement.
Uptycs’ platform enables endpoint and cloud security orchestration from a single dashboard. The solution uses a telemetry-powered approach to address multiple use cases, including extended detection and response, cloud workload protection, and cloud security posture management.
We are looking for a highly motivated, technically accomplished sales engineer that will bring their technical experience selling enterprise SaaS software to an innovative technology company with a compelling value proposition, incredible team, and great culture, preferably with knowledge of cyber-security technologies, frameworks and public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) security concepts. As an Uptycs Sales Engineer, you will partner closely with the sales team as a technical advisor and advocate for the Uptycs platform while focusing on increasing the conversion rate of qualified opportunities to won deals in order to meet quarterly and annual revenue targets. You will also build deep expertise in the Uptycs platform, EDR, Incident Response, Threat Detection as well as Endpoint OS and Public Cloud platforms, and apply this knowledge to solve customer challenges. This role will report to Uptycs’ sales engineering leader.
- Participate in pipeline development, forecasts, and quarterly business reviews.
- Win the trust of customers by demonstrating technical and business acumen and empathizing with their business challenges.
- Act as a trusted advisor and advocate for our customers.
- Master how to sell Uptycs from high-level introductions to technical deep dives.
- Develop and deliver engaging demonstrations in collaboration with our sales team to both business and technical users.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Lead, contribute to, and employ, best practices in the execution of demos, POCs and pilots.
- Help customers customize or extend Uptycs solution during POC or pilot phases.
- Present to prospects, customers, and partners at trade shows, conferences, and webinars.
- Participate in value-added activities including community involvement (meetups), case studies, and reference calls.
- Work with customers and sales team stakeholders to design and align solutions to customer use cases, integration challenges, data reporting and more.
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor to prospects and customers working with your Account Manager and the local partners within your territory
- Lead conversations about industry trends and emerging changes to the security landscape that every customer needs to be aware of
- Be the technical voice of Sales for all things related to security and compliance in Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform)
- Ability to discuss, with credibility, competitive offers in the marketplace and effectively differentiate against them
- Act as the customers advocate for any issues that require technical assistance and follow up with the customer until the issue is resolved
- Assist with the training of new sales engineers
Work Location & Travel
The candidate's workplace location will be a combination of home office and customer sites. It is expected that there will be regular travel within the local region to visit customers, to Uptycs’ office in Boston, and to attend trade shows in various locations.
Skills, Attributes and Qualifications
A successful candidate should be driven, creative, self-starter and strategic thinker. The candidate must possess the ability to lead, advise and advocate for customers.
- BS or BA degree or commensurate work experience.
- 4+ years in solution selling SaaS security products to enterprise customers.
- Experience with cyber-security technologies, endpoint and server security concepts, and public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) architectures
- Strong grasp of one of the following security functions
- Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
- Cloud workload protection including containers, kubernetes and microVM technologies
- Cloud Infrastructure Security - e.g. CSPM, CIEM
- An understanding of the challenges related to security, compliance, and governance for cloud and container infrastructure.
- The ability to take complex pieces of technology and explain it in a simple and easy way. Solid verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Intellectually curious, great problem-solving skills.
- A very collaborative disposition, and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders in contexts varying from pre-sales to post-sales, customer support and more.
- Previous experience working with/presenting to executive level prospects and customers.
- SQL experience is a plus.
- Software development experience, RESTful web services or scripting languages are a plus.
- Experience with internals of Linux, Windows and MacOS a plus.
- Experience with DNS, HTTPS, TLS, TCP/IP is a plus
- Self-motivated, collaborative, high-energy and diligent work ethic.
Company Background / Culture
Uptycs provides the first cloud-native security analytics platform that enables endpoint and cloud security from a single platform. The solution provides a unique telemetry-powered approach to address multiple use cases—including Extended Detection & Response (XDR), Cloud Workload Protection (CWPP), and Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM). Uptycs enables security professionals to quickly prioritize, investigate, and respond to potential threats across a company’s entire attack surface.
Customers such as Comcast, Flexport and Lookout, run Uptycs to achieve a broad set of security capabilities with instant endpoint and asset visibility that powers detection and response as well as compliance and governance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We are an equal opportunity employer. Uptycs is a progressive and open-minded workplace where we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. If you are smart, passionate and good at what you do, come as you are.