Product Marketing Manager - Cloud Security
As a core focus, you’ll drive forward our cloud security and cloud compliance product offerings, ensure a deep understanding of our key buyers, monitor and educate around competition, and develop sales and marketing collateral that succinctly and effectively articulates our value proposition and market differentiators.
We’re looking for a product marketing manager to join our growing marketing team. Reporting to the Sr. Technical Product Marketing Manager, you’ll be instrumental in expanding our product content and sales enablement initiatives. As a core focus, you’ll drive forward our cloud security and cloud compliance product offerings, ensure a deep understanding of our key buyers, monitor and educate around competition, and develop sales and marketing collateral that succinctly and effectively articulates our value proposition and market differentiators.
The right candidate will have product marketing skills and deep domain expertise in how IT organizations use public cloud service providers (AWS, Azure, and GCP). You should know about DevSecOps, the CI/CD pipeline, containers and container orchestration, AWS products and their counterparts at Azure and GCP, and the behind-the-scenes details of the AWS Marketplace.
As the key translator from customer to market, you’ll also have a grasp on the challenges and requirements of buyer/influencer personas when it comes to cloud security. Your overarching goal will be to ensure that new and existing product features and functionality are described accurately and enticingly to help attract and convert new customers. You will work with content and demand generation marketing teams as well as our sales team. You’ll also have frequent exposure to execute leadership as you help shape and develop our go-to-market messaging, build partnerships with cloud service providers, and launch exciting new products.
Specifically, the product marketing manager will:
- Support go-to-market planning and execution for new product/feature launches
- Work cross-functionally to build our partnerships with cloud service providers
- Help to develop sales playbooks for target buying personas in the cloud security space
- Conduct market assessments for the cloud security space
- Maintain competitive analysis for the sales team on key cloud security vendors
- Script and produce market-ready demo videos and product highlight reels
- Host webinars: develop topics, slides, and have authority to speak on Uptycs-hosted webinars (with the aid of internal subject matter experts)
- Conduct customer interviews and produce case studies or other types of content featuring the voice of the customer
- Support the development of demo scripts and presentations for tradeshows
- Develop product one-pagers and other field-ready materials
- Work with content marketing to help develop a content calendar that incorporates the showcasing of key product features/functionality
- Write blog posts and/or interview internal subject matter experts to help produce technical blog posts
This role reports to the Sr. Technical Product Marketing Manager, and will work cross-functionally with product management, engineering, sales, and customer success.
- 5+ years of marketing experience
- 3+ years of cloud marketing experience; preferably some security experience
- Ability to record and edit screen capture videos for product demos
- Excellent written communication skills with a portfolio of work ranging in medium/format
- Ability to work flexibly in a dynamic startup environment
- A team-player mentality