We’re looking for talented engineers who want to help enhance and extend the capabilities of the open source agent, osquery. The right candidates will be energetic, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and work well in an agile team atmosphere. As part of a fast growing engineering organization, you’ll be working alongside seasoned architects and engineers who have passion for building highly scalable software products.
Uptycs is a SQL-powered security analytics platform used by security analysts, site reliability engineers, incident response teams, and IT professionals to observe and secure their productivity endpoints (macOS, Windows), server endpoints (Linux, containers) and cloud providers. Uptycs leverages osquery for endpoint telemetry, and we’re looking for developers who can help us enhance the capabilities of the open source agent.
Your work will involve:
- Adding to and enhancing osquery’s capabilities
- Making osquery enterprise grade by optimizing osquery for every CPU cycle and byte of memory, ensuring it consumes minimal resources and is always available, and making sure osquery never misses an event in the operating system
- Participating in the open source osquery community to resolve bugs, add features, improve tests, add documentation and tutorials, and help others get started with--and excited about--osquery
The ideal candidates will have:
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Experience with CMake or other compiler tool chains
- Debug native code, core dumps, etc.
- Working with container runtimes (Docker, containerd, CRI-O, etc.) is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of one or more of these operating systems: Linux, macOS, Windows
- Contribute to a popular open source project
- Work with a team solving real-world security challenges
- Work in a stimulating environment where we’re constantly innovating to stay ahead of cyber threats
- Work from anywhere and any time
- Get paid for what you already love to do