Customer Success Engineer
Deploy your exceptional communication, problem solving and customer service skills, along with deep technical expertise to drive customer success. Our engineers combine their expertise with passion, initiative, teamwork and a great sense of humor to achieve exceptional results for our customers.
Uptycs Customer Success Engineers use their exceptional communication, problem solving and customer service skills, along with their deep technical expertise, to assist customers in Uptycs implementation. Uptycs Customer Success Engineers are experts in the entire Uptycs ecosystem. Our engineers combine their expertise with passion, initiative, teamwork and a great sense of humor to achieve exceptional results for our customers.
Why Uptycs is a fantastic place to work and build your career
- Be a part of the company that’s building the next generation Security Analytics Platform
- Enjoy a fun, inspiring culture
- Work with exceptionally talented people around the globe
- Learn, contribute, and make an impact on the product and community
Cool things you’ll do:
- You’ll be working alongside our largest customers, solving their complex issues – resolving questions on architecture, security, performance and everything in between. You’ll be an expert resource on best practices
- You’ll be an advocate for our customers’ needs – interfacing with our product management and development teams on their behalf.
- You will also help build the Knowledge Base.
What you need:
- Be located in a timezone that can effectively work with US-based customers. Candidates in Boston area preferred.
- We consider all candidates with an eye for those who are self-taught, insatiably curious, and multi-faceted.
The ideal candidates will have strong technical experience in one (or more) of the following areas:
- Security Domain Knowledge on Mac, Linux and Windows platforms
- Networking Domain Knowledge
- We prefer experience supporting large-scale production environments, including hardware, operating systems (specifically Linux & Mac), networks (including firewalls, switches and load balancers), as well as cloud-based resources (e.g. AWS, Azure, OpenStack, GCP). Experience with containerized solutions (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, swarm) is also a plus.
- Database Knowledge – SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Oracle, MS-SQL) and NoSQL We prefer experience in one or more of: Java, Python, C, C++, Go, Cassandra, MongoDB etc
- Extra bonus points if you’ve used those skills with distributed systems or have done technical support of enterprise platform technologies (e.g. databases) or enterprise infrastructure (e.g. public/private cloud, virtualized DCs or container clusters).
It’s crucial for every candidate that they can check off all of these boxes:
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Genuine desire to help people
- Uncontrollable urge to investigate and solve problems, with advanced diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to think on your feet, remain calm under pressure, and solve problems in real-time
- Desire and ability to rapidly learn a wide variety of new technical skills
- Strong teamwork: willingness and ability to get help from team members when required, and the good judgment to know when to seek help
Location: a timezone that can effectively work with US-based customers